I stopped by Goose Pond yesterday afternoon from 4-5 pm.  This was my first visit in a long time, and I am happy to report that this in-town wetland habitat will not suffer as much as I had feared from the Blairstone extension.  The best way to get to the pond is to turn west (right) in front of the Wendy's on Capital Circle NE; this is Wednesday Dr (or St).  It's probably best to visit only when roadwork is not going on.  You can still easily access the second L-shaped dike, but just walking along Potts Road is also pretty good.  Highlights from yesterday included:
20+ Wood Ducks
4 Hooded Mergansers
2 Red-shouldered Hawks
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher