Interesting that Mark Berney found pishing for the MacG's warbler to be counter-productive.  On my travels out west I have noticed the same thing.  It's almost like this strange sound we make back east to lure birds out for a better look seems to push them in back further.  I also remember meeting some eastern birders at Mt. St. Helen's a few years ago who felt the same way.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Any answers?  (And no wisecracks about having a Southern accent, okay!!)

Julie Cocke
Jacksonville