Hi Ken,
As a first read, I'd recommend Knoke and Kuklinski, 1982. "Network
Analysis". Sage University Paper Series on Quantitative Applications
in the Social Sciences, No. 28.

For a thorough introduction, you should look at Wasserman and Faust, 1994.
"Social Network Analysis". Cambridge Univ. Press.

Hope this helps,

--Larry

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Ken Cousins wrote:

> Snip, snip ...

> I would also appreciate suggestions as to ideal "first reads" - something akin to "Social Network Analysis for Dummies."  If such a thing exists, please forward the citation information.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ken Cousins
> Harrison Program on the Future Global Agenda
> Department of Government and Politics
> 3114 C Tydings Hall
> University of Maryland, College Park
> T: (301) 405-4133
> C:  (301) 758-4490
> F:  (301) 314-7619
>
> "The important thing is not to stop questioning.
> Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
>        Albert Einstein

Lawrence E. Raffalovich
Associate Professor

Department of Sociology               e-mail: [log in to unmask]
University at Albany
State University of New York          Voice: (518) 442-4456
1400 Washington Ave.                  Fax:   (518) 442-4936
Albany, NY 12222