Ken, Lawrence, et al.

In a totally unbiased way, I recommend two books for starting:

S.D. Berkowitz, _An Introduction to Structural Analysis_ (long out of
print, but major libraries should have it).

Barry Wellman & S.D. Berkowitz, _Social Structures: A Network Approach_.
Canadian Scholars Press, Toronto. (and widely available in libraries and
probably used).

Why these 2. They discuss SNA in a non-technical manner, and as a theory
and substantive approach. Only then would I go to the more technical
books, altho Wasserman & Faust do have a fair amount of theory and
substance admixed with the technical stuff.

 Barry

                            Founder, INSNA