Prof. Spreen:

Curiously, you might find some material of interest in Moreno's original
work.  He was actively engaged in bringing psychodrama to prisons,
mental institutions, etc.  I suspect that the network mechanisms that
your refer to might not be there, but he had lots of ideas on the subject.

Rich Rothenberg

Spreen, M. wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>in our forensic psychiatric hospital in the Netherlands we are planning to
>conduct a network study about what we call the "hidden culture of the
>patients". In our hospital we have closed treatment living units of about 12
>male patients. Together with the patients, teams of sociotherapists are
>living more or less together with the patients and are treating them on a
>daily basis. Often there are some network mechanisms working among the
>patients which  are not visible for the sociotherapists. For instance the
>sociotherapists do think they know which patient has the position of a
>leader, but after some incident it turned out that another patient had that
>position. Our research problem is that we want to know how our patients
>interact with each other, what the influence of the misperception of the
>sociotherapy is on aggressive patient behaviours, and whether we can predict
>which network structure is lowering aggressive behavior on a living unit.
>
>Is there any network literature about studies of forensic psychiatric
>patients?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Marinus Spreen

Richard Rothenberg, MD
Professor
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
69 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive  SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
email: [log in to unmask]