>You can go further back: a descendant of the Salem Witch Trial era in the US says his family
>fortune got started when his ancestors accused others of witchcraft to get
>their property.

I think it is worth remebering Jacob Moreno's critereon for what is sociometric.  From memory -
something is soiometric to the extent that the members of the study are warmed up to the purpose.
When the interests of a social study are diametrically opposed to the participants truth will be
hard to find. Sorry to speak in vague generalizations but I think it is a relevant line of thought
these days.  One regarding the study of so called terrorist networks and secondly the use of
sociometric techniques for gathering maket data.

Josh On
www.theyrule.net