Hello,

I would like to get a sense of the reading placement assessments which
are being used at other institutions.

At Mt. Mary, we currently use the Nelson-Denny test and are interested
to find out who else makes use of this assessment.  Does anyone use ACT
scores as a sole placement instrument for reading?  Finally, I'd be
happy to learn of other options for determining placement into reading
courses.  Any details about cut-off scores, etc. would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your input -- especially since I am asking
between semesters!

Beth Brown
Mount Mary College

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L