Our Orientation Committee has asked us to explore the viability of
replacing our pencil and paper placment exams with online testing.  Our
current placement exams align with our mathematics and English
Composition curriculum.  The issue is not with the effectiveness of our
testing instruments in accurately placing students in coursework, but in
the four to five hours that testing consumes during orientation.

For those of you who have gone to online placement testing, I'd like to
know how you control for security, What are the costs?  Do students
incur an additional testing fee?  Do you test all incoming students or
do you use SAT cut-offs, etc.  Do you use a web-based version of an
inhouse exam or do you contract with a testing service?

Thanks.

Maura

Maura O'Connor
Coordinator of Learning Assistance Services
University of New England
11 Hills Beach Road
Biddeford, Maine  04005
283-0170 ext. 2561
This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or
entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. If you
have received this email in error or are not the intended recipient,
you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it. Do not open
attachments. Delete them immediately from your system and notify the
sender promptly by email that you have done so. Thank you.

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L