From: "Deb Pratt" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 4:11 PM
Subject: text-to-voice software

> Greetings,
> I've noticed some list participants mentioning using a variety of
text-to-voice software programs to meet the needs of students with reading
disabilities.  We need to purchase a program for this purpose, but I am not
certain we can go with Kurzweil 3000 or the Dragon Pro setup yet.  Does
anyone have any experience with Dragon Preferred, for example, or another
(perhaps lesser known) program that has served well for this purpose?  I
like the multisensory aspect of Kurzweil 3000, but I am not sure we can do
the fee for that this budget year; however, I don't want to be shortsighted
either.  I'd appreciate your feedback--