Hi, Deb,

Try Premier Programming (www.readingmadeeasy.com).  They're giving a suite of
software away for free in form of a grant.  The suite includes a text-to-speech
program that seemed, in the sample we tried here last spring, to be useable if
not as sophisticated as Kurzweil.  Our tech support folks had some trouble
getting it up and running, and I haven't checked it out now that it is
installed.  But we're going to run it through its paces in an hour or so.
Given that it's free, it seems like a good approach.  I'd rather have Kurzweil,
but it just doesn't fit in our budget right now.

Jeremy Holch
Director of Academic Support Services
Marlboro College
P.O. Box A