-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gutierrez, Kathy
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 5:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning Center Rules

I would like to know if anyone else has a list of "rules" for using their
Tutoring/Learning Center.  We had some problems last semester, and we are
trying to avoid any serious confrontations regarding things like cell phone
use, "socializing," bringing children into the center while studying, trying
to monopolize a tutor's time (in a walk-in center), etc.  We started making
a list of all of the problems we had and put them on the list, but I was
wondering if anyone else has any policies for their centers.  Also, how do
you go about enforcing these policies? =20 I am not necessarily talking
about the guidelines for good tutoring sessions, i.e., bring your book and
notes, come prepared by reading homework ahead of time, etc. =20 =20 Thanks.
=20 Kathy Gutierrez Santiago Canyon College Tutoring Center 714-628-4795
714-516-9172 (fax)

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L