Greetings,
I've noticed some list participants mentioning using a variety of text-to-voice software programs to meet the needs of students with reading disabilities.  We need to purchase a program for this purpose, but I am not certain we can go with Kurzweil 3000 or the Dragon Pro setup yet.  Does anyone have any experience with Dragon Preferred, for example, or another (perhaps lesser known) program that has served well for this purpose?  I like the multisensory aspect of Kurzweil 3000, but I am not sure we can do the fee for that this budget year; however, I don't want to be shortsighted either.  I'd appreciate your feedback--

Deborah Pratt
Director, Student Success Center
Ancilla College
Donaldson, IN 46513