I would like to know if anyone else has a list of "rules" for using
their Tutoring/Learning Center.  We had some problems last semester, and
we are trying to avoid any serious confrontations regarding things like
cell phone use, "socializing," bringing children into the center while
studying, trying to monopolize a tutor's time (in a walk-in center),
etc.  We started making a list of all of the problems we had and put
them on the list, but I was wondering if anyone else has any policies
for their centers.  Also, how do you go about enforcing these policies?

I am not necessarily talking about the guidelines for good tutoring
sessions, i.e., bring your book and notes, come prepared by reading
homework ahead of time, etc.

Thanks.

Kathy Gutierrez
Santiago Canyon College