Hello Socnetters,

I'm trying to find the best way of calculating a centrality / centralization
value for my whole network.

I'm a little confused as to the distinction between group degree
centralization (ala Wasserman and Faust, p180) and network degree centrality
measures (as calculated by UCINET via "Network -> Centrality -> Degree").

I initially assumed that the measure of 'Network Centralization' given as a
percentage on UCINET was equivalent to the group degree centralization
index. However, I notice that the 'Network Centralization' measure can go
above 100%.

If these aren't the same thing: what does 'Network Centralization' measure ?
And is it possible to calculate group degree centralization on UCINET ?

Thanks,
Vaughan