Dear colleagues.

I thought you would be interested to know that the book Megaprojects
and Risk: An Anatomy of Ambition by Nils Bruzelius, Werner
Rothengatter, and myself was recently published by Cambridge University
Press.

The book offers a detailed examination of the phenomenon of
megaprojects, including how networks shape such projects. I include the
Table of Contents below for your information. First chapter, etc. may
be found at:
UK: http://uk.cambridge.org/sociology/megaprojects/
US: http://us.cambridge.org/features/megaprojects/

Our research is ongoing and we would appreciate any information you may
have on specific megaprojects or studies we could include in future
research. We would be happy to discuss any aspect of our work, needless
to say.

I hope this is useful. Please feel free to forward this message to any
relevant person or listserv. If this mail is of no interest to you, I
apologize for the inconvenience. Also apologies for any cross posting.

Best wishes,

Bent Flyvbjerg, Professor
Dept. of Development and Planning
Aalborg University, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Homepage: www.plan.auc.dk/~flyvbjerg

CONTENTS: Megaprojects and Risk
1. The Megaprojects Paradox
2. A Calamitous History of Cost Overrun
3. The Demand for Megaprojects
4. Substance and Spin in Megaproject Economics
5. Environmental Impacts and Risks
6. Regional and Economic Growth Effects
7. Dealing with Risk
8. Conventional Megaproject Development
9. Lessons of Privatisation
10. Four Instruments of Accountability
11. Accountable Megaproject Decision Making
12. Beyond the Megaprojects Paradox
Appendix. Risk and Accountability at Work: A Case Study

Inspection copies available at:
UK: http://uk.cambridge.org/textbooks/ or by email at
US: Lourina McQuilkin at [log in to unmask]