Hello Miruna -
Which version are you using? I have 6.12, released on Oct. 7th, 2002, and have no problem... Early version was okay, if my memory serves.

The procedure that you are describing is a bit confusing to me (Maybe it's my English, though... )
Below,,, by "import data from a textpad file", I guess you have DL formatted data and bring it into UCINet. Then, why not just use it?

If you'd send me the ind and dep files, I'd try to run on mine. Or maybe Borgatti or Everret will just kick in?

Cheers!
-hyo

> - import data from a textpad file (DATA>IMPORT>RAW>) - I do have both the
> input and the output files in the same directory
> - import data from excel file (DATA>IMPORT>EXCEL>)
> - copy data from the text or excel file, and paste it in UCINET's
> spreadsheet editor. This worked once, and it runs the regression with this
> particular file, but alas, not again... I tried to do the same
> copy/paste I did that time with my other files, and it wouldn't work

=====
Hyo Kim Ph.D.
Science Communication
Room 501, Gabriel Hall