Well, there is Networks in the Global Village (Barry Wellman, ed.), of
course. With global coverage of communities and networks. Westview Press,
Boulder, CO, 1999.

ANd Canadian Scholars Press in Toronto is still selling the original
_Social Structures_, edited by Wellman & the late S.D. Berkowitz (1988,
with slight update in the late 1990s): Besides some theory pieces, each
article was written as a comaprison between SNA and traditional forms of
analysis.

FWIW, I tried very hard to edit for (undergrad) readability.

 Barry