I am trying to calculate a measure of actors' relative weakness in a
network by determining the power (or lack thereof) of the persons to whom they
are connected.

I see that the beta in the Bonacich Power measure should be set to negative
values in zero-sum situations or "if the individual's power is increased by
being connected to vertices with low power..." (UCINET manual).  But, is it
possible to use a negative beta simply to form a measure of the weakness of the
persons to which an actor is connected (and hence have a measure of the actor's
power)?  I would hope to use this with advice, trust & communication networks.

thanks
Judd