-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Relevant work - Sensing and Modeling Human Networks
Date:   Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:39:30 -0800
From:   Tanzeem Choudhury <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Dear INSNA,

I recently completed my PhD thesis on 'Sensing and Modeling Human
Networks'  - which is the first experiment in learning the face-to-face
communication patterns of a large group by equipping the people within
the community with wearable sensing devices.

http://web.media.mit.edu/~tanzeem/Thesis/choudhury_phd_thesis.pdf

The main contribution of this thesis is to have demonstrated the
feasibility of learning social interactions from raw sensory data.  In
this thesis we have presented a framework for automatic modeling of
face-to-face interactions, starting from the data collection methods and
working up to computational methods for learning the structure and
dynamics of social networks.

I thought some members of INSNA might be interested in this work.

Best regards,

Tanzeem Choudhury