Charles,
Interesting:  Most people don't realize this but innovations and early
adoption usually starts on the periphery of the network since these
individuals are free to innovate.

--
To order a copy of "Network Models of the Diffusion of Innovations"
Call the Hampton Press order number: 800-894-8955
To learn more about my evaluation book go to:
http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195141768.html
To view my personal webpage:
http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~tvalente/
---