Dear Socnetters,

My department would like me to teach an introductory SNA course, and I am in the
process of putting together the syllabus. I would like to have the students do
a mini-report on "applications of social network analysis," and I have begun
developing a list of possible topics and readings. I was hoping you could offer
feedback on two levels: a) suggestions for readings in the topics I've
listed...readings appropriate for a novice audience, and b) other potentially
interesting areas that I have overlooked.

Again, it will be a novice audience and be taught in a Sociology department.

Here are the topics I have thus far:

1. Community
2. Social capital
3. Terrorism
4. Family
5. Religion
6. Diffusion
7. Social movements
8. Internet

I have begun gathering readings on these topics, but rather than list them here,
I would welcome hearing the SOCNET community's suggestions. PREFERABLY BOOKS,
but of course, article suggestions are welcome as well. I will share back with
the list once I have compiled all the suggestions.

Thanks much in advance for your time,
Christina

--
Christina Prell