Juan,

I have asked the similar questions some time ago.  I have put up a summary of people's answers and it should be at the SOCNET e-mail archives. Let me know if you can not find it.

Jun
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Juan Camilo Plata
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 8:30 PM
  Subject: Networks over time...

  ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****
  Hello.

  With my first approach to social networks my impression is that it deals with the present state of the relations. Like a snapshot. I was wondering if is there any works on how to describe and analyze change of networks over time. And, a second related point, suppose we have a network at a certain point  in time, and a moment later, enters another actor. In this new situation, a tie that existed before, now disappears [Suppose friends A and B are talking. Appears C. A hates C, and decides to leave the place]. Is there any procedure for dealing with this kind of phenomena?

  I would thank your words,

  Camilo

  Juan Camilo Plata
  Tel: +57(1)2533250
  Tel (11 p.m.- 6 a.m.): +57(1)5333254
  Mobile: 3005604468
  e-mail: [log in to unmask]

  Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. _____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social network researchers (http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/). To unsubscribe, send an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.