Gian,
My advice is try your best to get as high a response rate as possible,
but recognize that 100% response rates are very hard to achieve.  Valdis
Krebs has excellent suggestions for improving response rates and data
quality in organizations.  Don't despair if you have 75% response rates
since we know at least some measures are robust even with missing data.
 See our paper.

Costenbader, E. & Valente, T. W. (2003).  The stability of centrality
measures when networks are sampled.  Social Networks, 25, 283-307

- Tom

--
To learn more about my evaluation book go to:
http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195141768.html
My personal webpage:
http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~tvalente/
---