Jim Anderson is a program director at NIH (Institute of General Medical
Sciences).  He's sent the following query -- if you can help, please
respond to him directly.

> >From: "Anderson, James (NIH/NIGMS)" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: "Goldberg, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: question about software
> >Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:29:54 -0400
> >Ellen,
> >

> >I was wondering if someone at the Institute could help me to find
> >some freeware that would help in a new project I've undertaken here
> >at NIGMS.   I'd like to have a network representation of decision
> >trees for a complex cooperative project, a representation that would
> >allow for experimentation with different structures to optimize for
> >efficiency, robustness, and the like.  I'm betting that some of your
> >current and former colleagues have done this already.  Can you help?
> >

> >Jim Anderson
> >
> >301-594-0943

 Blumstein-Jordan Professor of Sociology and Statistics
 Department of Sociology
 Box 353340
 University of Washington
 Seattle, WA 98195-3340