Perhaps we missed it, but we haven't seen on this list a commentary on our
recent Sunbelt conference on the beach in Slovenia. We thought it was
beautiful in every way -- intellectually, recreationally, scenically, and
spirtually -- great vibes.

The sesions were high quality, lively and interesting. The conference
hotel was elegant with impeccable service and a great location near the
wonderful Venetian town of Pirin -- with some great restaurants. We
thought the banquet set a new high standard with a sit down dinner and
musical accompaniment. While we could not attend the poetry reading, we
did attend the Fake Orchestra event. The muscians were marvelous. We
enjoyed their attention to national folk rhythms and their broad
international scope. And we loved being able to dance to them -- let's
have more dancing at all future Sunbelts!

It's clear that Anuska and Vlado and allof their student and faculty
compatriots put in a lot hard work in the big and little attentions to
scholarly and social details. It paid off in a splendid
conference.

Thank you,
 Bev and Barry Wellman