***********************
Your mail has been scanned. Odstranjeni so virusi in spam.
***********-***********

On 1 Jun 2004 at 11:14, Catherine COMET wrote:

> I'd like to know what kind of density measure is not correlated with network size.
> The purpose is to compare business groups whose size is very variable.

   A partial answer to your question could be something based on degrees
   (average degree, median degree, degree 3rd quartil, degree variation, ...).
   The degree based measures are also more intuitive than density (at least
   in large networks).

   You can also consider some other graph invariants: (maximum) core number,
   size of the largest clique, ...

   But, note that equally dense networks can function quite differently because
   they are structurally different.

   Vlado

Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

tel:  +386 (0)1 4766 672          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
fax:  +386 (0)1 4766 685          WWW:    http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/