I agree with Barry's sentiments completely (well, except that maybe I don't
dance as much as Barry and Bev).  Great conference, greatly appreciated by
me and many others.  -David

--On Saturday, June 26, 2004 3:34 PM -0400 Barry Wellman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Perhaps we missed it, but we haven't seen on this list a commentary on our
> recent Sunbelt conference on the beach in Slovenia. We thought it was
> beautiful in every way -- intellectually, recreationally, scenically, and
> spirtually -- great vibes.
>
> The sesions were high quality, lively and interesting. The conference
> hotel was elegant with impeccable service and a great location near the
> wonderful Venetian town of Pirin -- with some great restaurants. We
> thought the banquet set a new high standard with a sit down dinner and
> musical accompaniment. While we could not attend the poetry reading, we
> did attend the Fake Orchestra event. The muscians were marvelous. We
> enjoyed their attention to national folk rhythms and their broad
> international scope. And we loved being able to dance to them -- let's
> have more dancing at all future Sunbelts!
>
> It's clear that Anuska and Vlado and allof their student and faculty
> compatriots put in a lot hard work in the big and little attentions to
> scholarly and social details. It paid off in a splendid
> conference.
>
> Thank you,
>  Bev and Barry Wellman

David Krackhardt, Professor of Organizations, Editor of JoSS
The Heinz School of Public Policy, and
    The Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon University
website: http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~krack