my only problem with socialtext is this:

they host it.  which means that if you are a member of multiple
socialtext sites, your browser can't store your login information and
you end up having to type it in and logout/login a lot to access the
various socialtext sites that you visit.

it becomes a major pain.  in fact, I pretty much only use ONE of the
socialtext sites that I'm a member of, because it is such a pain to
logout/login all the time.

-p