On Jul 29, 2004, at 4:48 PM, Linton Freeman wrote:

> Empirical Press uses a company called Booksurge to print its volumes on
> demand.  When you order, they print your book and send it out within 48
> hours.  Without inventory, they are able to sell books at very low
> cost.
> My book, for example, is bound as a trade paperback, runs to 218 pages
> and
> sells for $15.99 (that's only 13.29 in euros!).

They also offer a non-printable Ebooks download of the book for $7.99.
Mac users beware, though.  The Ebook is a Windows executable and the
web site doesn't tell you that until after you've purchased it
(non-refundable).  The acknowledgment of the purchase includes an email
to contact, but no hints as to the manner in which a Mac user can
access the Ebook.  I've yet to receive a reply from my email and a
phone call to customer support this afternoon resulted only in a
promise that someone would call me.

Guess I'll have to wait for my paperback ...

Steve Abrams