Here in the SE we pay less for actual tutoring (and we get less as
salaries, alas!)
$5.75 to start; $.20 raise each year.

This year we're paying tutor peer leaders (3 out of the 30 total) $7.25
for their tutoring hours (6/wk.) and other mentoring time, f2f and online.

We don't pay for training b/c we have credit-bearing courses.  We also
are appointment-based, so we don't have much "indirect" pay for tutors
if they have no clients, though we do allow some, if it's related to
their tutoring.

susie

--
Suzanne Robertshaw, tutor coordinator, [log in to unmask]
Thomas P. Johnson Student Resource Center, Rollins College