List,  Over the last few months I've discovered a GREAT new resource for
RM research.  The General Council Roundtable has conducted an RM
initiative during FY04 and you can subscribe or may already be a member
through your legal department/corporation.  I just attended a 1 day
seminar that is a must for IT and management that wants to more about RM.
We've been talking about partnerships that ARMA could/should be
potentially entering into and  this would have been a perfect fit.  Most
of the attendee's of this seminar were non- RM people and when I mentioned
and CONTINUED to mention the fact that ARMA even existed and what they
could help with in the RM field I was met with blank stares or in the case
of roundtable staff irritation.  IF WE CAN'T GET OUR MESSAGE OUT TO THE
RIGHT PEOPLE IT'S NO WONDER WE GET NO CREDIBILITY OR RESPECT. I've sat
back and let most of this conversation slide in the past  but in the words
of the anchorman in Network " I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it
anymore".  The web address for the roundtable is
http://www.generalcounselroundtable.com/GC/1,1504,,00.html?first=Y and you
can view a sample research paper on E-mail in the sample section.

My 2 cents

Steve Petersen
Sr Records Administrator
Rockwell Collins Inc