Sent-To: The New York Times Librarian Awards

Librarian and Information Science News Search LISNews.com
LISNews.com RSS LISNews.com (Articles) RSS
http://lisnews.com

   N.Y. Times Seeks Nominations for Librarian of the Year - | Log
   in/Create an Account | Top | 3 comments | Search Discussion

   Click the Reply button to leave your comments.

   Threshold: [-1: 3 comments] [Nested.....]
   [Newest First.................] Change Reply

   The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted
   them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

   Bernie Margolis. BPL. Other cities' public libs. (Score:0)
   by donwarnersaklad (44) <[log in to unmask]> on Wednesday
   August 18, @03:35AM (#9962)
   ( http://guidetoproblematicallibraryuse.weblogs.us/ | Last Journal:
   Friday July 16, @08:20AM )

   Bernie Margolis should be nominated even though our Boston Public
   Library president failed to collect, acquisition and accession
   Boston city hall departments municipal public documents of current
   interest and failed to advocate for a the mayoral directive and the
   city council order for more routine transmittal of city
   departments public documents to our boston public library
   government documents curator G. Fithian.

   Bernie Margolis should be nominated even though our Boston Public
   Library departments collections and services are difficult to
   navigate.

   Bernie Margolis should be nominated for advocating in the media for
   intellectual freedom with respect to the consequences of
   legislative activity in congress, an enormously important thing
   that serves the best interests of our cities' public libraries
   users/customers/consumers .

   Now like all good things there will be more to be done by Bernie
   Margolis regarding municipal departments public documents, grey
   literature quod vide http://greynet.org [greynet.org]

   And the predicament of transmittal to, collecting by, acquisition
   of and accession for our cities' municipal departments public
   documents by the our respective cities' public libraries needs to
   be looked at by information professionals, archivists, records
   managers and librarians quod vide http://www.albany.edu/sisp/
   [albany.edu]

   This is not Librarian Survivor.... (Score:3, Funny)
   by kmhess (2858) on Tuesday August 17, @10:06AM (#9951)
   ( Last Journal: Tuesday August 10, @09:21PM )

   Please limit your answers to no more than 250 words per question.
   Do not send supplementary items such as videotapes, etc.

   I'm curious what etc. would be - a song? A painting? A BMW?

   Apparently this has been a problem in the past...

   Re:This is not Librarian Survivor.... (Score:3, Funny)
   by Porch Geese (2869) on Tuesday August 17, @03:41PM (#9953)

   I dunno.

   Box of chocolates? Broadway show tickets? Cash?
   Or like the Car Talk guys say, your answers printed on the back of
   a large-screen projection TV?