> My major concern is the use of the phrase 'Until Further Notice' for
> records that are an important source of information on the
> track record
> of the business. Could the company get into legal hot water in a
> litigation discovery where these records a requested and some are
> missing.

I'm not an attorney, but my best guess is that the possibility is there.
How do you explain a business rule that states "until further notice"?
Until further notice of what?  How further?  Who gives the notice?  When is
the notice given? What happens after the "further notice" is given -
destroy, archive, shred?  This is one of the time periods that is very
difficult to defend as a business reason.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division