Does anyone happen to know the pH readings for pressboard, preferably Type
1?

I know that manila folders are typically around 7 and therefore considered
"archival" quality.  However the project I'm currently working on also uses
red rope pockets which I understand are between 5.5 and 6.  So I'm hoping
that if Pressboard is better than that I will be able to argue that we
switch to pressboard instead of the flimsy manila, since the materials have
a high retrieval rate and they have a tendency to fall apart quite
regularly.