When I first saw the question "what are the Australians doing?" I was going
to reply "Who cares?" as I didn't think the question was serious.  ;-D

But in case it isn't, the Federal Government has rules for Federal Agencies
and for Businesses.  Each State makes its own rules for State agencies and
for local government agencies, and I would assume they would make rules for
businesses too.

A search for "general disposal schedule" or "retention and disposal" or such
like for Australia, Queensland, Western Australia and other states whose
names escape me (not really) would provide far more information than you
could possibly ever care about.

Grahame Gould
Information Co-ordinator
Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley
Kununurra, WA (that's Western Australia!!)
Phone: (08) 9168 4100
Fax: (08) 9168 1798
Web: www.thelastfrontier.com.au

This email may contain confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender.
The views expressed in this email may or may not be the official position of
the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley.