This would be of interest to a few people, so please consider posting
on-list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Smith [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: Records Protection Standards

I would like to cross reference Standards outside of the United States
that specifically detail the methodology for protecting
records and media within vaults. In the United States we have NFPA 232
and NFPA 75 and CFR 36, the Bank Protection Act
and now requirements within HIPAA and SOX.

What are the relevant documents from Canada? England has Standard 5454
but are there others for protecting records?

Australia has been very active on the records management front, what
are your guiding standards on vaulting records in various formats.

Is there similar structure for the Pacific Rim and other parts of the
world?

Since we are an international organization here, I thought I might get
what I need here.

This may not be of interest to anyone else but a vault guy, so if you
feel more comfortable sending the references off list that is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134