Larry et al -

The finer points of the Canadian federal system vis a` vis RM -

The Canadian federal government "disposition authorities" do not apply
to provinces (let alone local governments), even though the records
series may be very similar.  Ontario is not like the various states that
provide localities (including school boards) with general or common
schedules.  Ontario municipalities are obliged to create a retention
by-law (municipal ordinance) and educational institutions (school
boards, community colleges and universities) generally speaking develop
their own schedules.

The City of Windsor had (and presumably still has) a retention by-law
that designated the general ledgers (final Y-T-D only) as
permanent...but again, the School Board would have to write its own
schedules.

Cheers!

Mark

G. Mark Walsh