Hello, fellow records managers.  I have been a subscriber to both the
Records Management List and the Electronic Records Listserve for about 3
months.  I am the Town Clerk for New Castle, a community of about 2,900
on the Western Slope of Colorado, about 180 miles west of Denver (go
Broncos!).  With a staff of 20 (more with seasonal summer workers), the
Town provides municipal services to the community, including police
patrol, water/sewer/trash service, street maintenance, and parks and
recreation.  With 2 other full-time employees and 1 part-time employee
in the Clerk's Office, I attend Town Council meetings, prepare packets
of documents for such meetings, create meeting minutes, issue business
and liquor licenses, and conduct municipal elections.  I spend the
majority of my time, however, managing Town records.

We are in the process of adopting an Electronic Media Policy to govern
the use of e-mail, internet/intranet, and Town-owned computing equipment
and systems.  I have drafted the policy.  I am looking for samples of a
governing body resolution to adopt the policy.  Thank you for your help
with this.

Lisa H. Cain, CMC
Town Clerk
Town of New Castle, Colorado