From: Jones, Virginia [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 1:20 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Retention for Private Sector Companies

Laura:

You may point out to your boss that it is difficult to determine retention values for unknown record series.  Without an inventory - how do you know what types of records you have?  Another piece of ammo for you - since you are a private company, you may be required to meet Sarbanes-Oxley (is your company publicly traded?).  If so, you definitely need a thorough, structured approach to determining retention values.

Ginny Jones

(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)

Records Manager

Information Technology Division

Newport News Dept. of Public Utilities

Newport News, VA

Note:
This message and any attachments from the law firm Arnall Golden Gregory LLP may contain CONFIDENTIAL and legally protected information.  If you are not the addressee and an intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.  Thank you.