Hi,

        The person to contact is John Maloney: [log in to unmask]

        I think that the events he is advertising mostly are with Valdis
Krebs.  Valdis has been a long time valuable contributor to this list.   You
might want to check with him.  Valdis?

        I had the same thing happen.  I helped John get some speakers for
a talk in SF, my friends; Mark Granovetter and Andrew Hargadon.   Stan
Wasserman was there (hi Stan).  By the time the event happened there was
nuch upset over the marketing.  John managed to alienate a good precentage
of the most well know and respected members of the SNA community.

        Though I am not sure that promoting SNA classes based on InFlow is
the best service to the community (I am developing general classes based
on Pajek with Mark Granovetter and Andrew Parker so I am totally biased),
I am sure that getting organizations to start thinking about and doing SNA
will be a Good Thing.  John takes personal financial risk doing these
seminars.

        It is probably not his fault that the remove links do not work.
He uses services and is not a software person at all.  One thing that can
happen is that the address that mail is sent to is different than the one
that mail is from due to aliases and the program does not recognize the
address to remove it.

        If you write [log in to unmask] with the mindset of working out
the problem, assume that he will help you and realize it might take more
than one attempt to get you off the list, I am sure that you will have a
good experience and get off the list.

-Don

> Clicking unsubscribe doesn't work. They won't unsubscribe you. I have
> tried it since they seemed more legit than most spam. They are just
> tricky enough that filtering them doesn't always catch their trash
> either. If anyone on this list knows who runs that spammer
> organization and could get them to let us unsubscribe that would be
> great.
>
> Carolyn
>

> >Recently I have received annoying (to me) emails from a Maloney and KM
> >Cluster. I suspect this is a result of my membership in the SOCNET
> >listserv.
> >
> >Sorry to bother the list, but I'd appreciate any info on contacting
> >relevant individuals who might assist me with 'unsubscribing " to the spam
> >merchants of KM Cluster since I am a Unix email user and cannot click a
> >link for unsubscribing (not that I would trust that anyway).
> >
> >Thanks.

Don Steiny - [log in to unmask]
 Institute for Social Network Analysis of the Economy - www.isnae.org
   125 Mission St #3 - Santa Cruz, CA 95060 - 831.471.1671 - fax: 831.471.1670