Huerta, Timothy wrote:

>Hi Paul.
>
>One way of accomplishing this kind of work may be through a concept mapping exercise. It is useful as a methodology for creating a common vision without imposing a monolithic explanation. It is a constructivist methodology for identifying common and
>dissimilar issues surrounding a given topic. There has been quite a bit of work done at Cornell on the development of concept maps.
>
>My belief is that the literature in each of the areas you've suggested often have a number of scholars who debate the particular specification of their perspective on this topic. A process of concept mapping would allow you to identify where the
>commonality exists at the concept levels, rather than simply debating particular words.
>
>Have fun and good luck. You can always email me if you'd like to continue this conversation as I'm sure I can find an article or two on the use of concept mapping as a technique to build consensus over a complex/wicked problem.

I have decided to do this.

I'm going to build what Tim O'Reilly calls a 'meme map' (he has an
excellent map of the peer-to-peer meme in Peer-to-Peer).

My meme map will show the fields and their major tenets and how they
overlap and relate.

Any help anyone can provide to me will be greatly appreciated.

much thx,
-Paul

http://www.panarchy.com