Darrell,

I've put a copy of our policy and procedures into the wiki, so that
people can see what expectations they should have about continuing
service.  The page is here:

http://www.socialtext.net/insna-socnet/index.cgi?socialtext_security_and_operations_policies_and_procedures

The code is based in part on the open source "Kwiki" platform, and we
have promised that in the event of anything bad happening to the
company there will be a straightforward transition onto Kwiki for
data.

thanks

Edward Vielmetti
Socialtext

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:44:18 +0100, Darrell Berry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This is rapidly going offtopic, but my 2c worth: socialtext may well be
> robust, honourable etc, but I would recommend caution with any hosted
> service which doesn't provide an easy, straightforward way of creating
> local backups -- its simply best practice. The last thing you want if
> they go bust/change their business model (anyone else here get burnt
> with hosted services around 1999?) etc is a long wrangle about who
> 'owns' 'your' data!
>
> cheers
>

> elijah wright wrote:
>
> >>It is possible to scrape the site, as they are simple HTML webpages, but
> >>i have not done this with any of my other Wikis because i'm confident in
> >>the state of Socialtext.

Edward Vielmetti
317 S Division St, PMB 218
Ann Arbor, MI 48104