If there isn't such work being done (which I somehow find hard to
believe but don't know of any myself), it should be ... it would be
fascinating I think  ... another very good idea, Valdis!

-----Original Message-----
From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Valdis
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 10:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Telephone game

Is there any serious research on the distortion of information as it
travels along a network path -- similar to the popular children's game
of "Telephone"?  A Google search brings up nothing.

Here is an article on distortion of message in the popular adult game
of "Politics".  ;-)
-- http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26935-2004Aug23.html

Valdis