Hi

I am currently involved in social network research, specifically looking at negative ties among network members.In this regard, i had a few queries:

1. Do respondents actually provide reliable data about negative ties? How can i minimize any social desirability issues?

 2. I am running into some trouble getting field sites for my research as organizations are a little concerned about the fact that we would be asking employees about their negative ties, though they understand the value of the research.

In this regard, i was wondering if someone could advise me about the kind of reciprocal benefit i could provide the organizations in return for using their field site. I may not be able to provide them with detailed information about the data collected without violating the privacy / confidentiality of responses. So, it would be great if someone who has done similar research could give me some suggestions.

Thanks

Vijaya Venkataramani
Purdue University