Hello Everybody! (I tried this once, but I think it sent out blank so I am sending it again..sorry!)

I just wanted to start out by thanking all of you who came to the meeting.  I’m sending out this e-mail with all the things we discussed at the meeting.  I apologize in advance for the long e-mail, but it’s important that you read over all of it.

Point System ~ HOSA has a new point system for you to be considered an active member.  For this fall, you need to accumulate at least 5 points.  You will have many opportunities throughout this semester to add up these points.  Each meeting is worth 1pt (there are 2 more remaining) and community service events are 3 pts a piece.  We are also holding a t-shirt design contest.  This is worth 3pts if you win (and you get a free shirt).  I am attaching the logo it needs to include and you are limited only to using the colors on the logo.  (Since I had problems sending this the first time w! ith the logo, just email me and let me know if you want it and I can send it to you individually).  At the end of the year we are going to be giving out a prize for the ‘Most Active Member.’

Community Service ~ Our first event is on September 30, 2004, which is Thursday.  We are going to the Hope Lodge to serve dinner to the cancer patients that are staying there while they are getting treatment at Shands.  We need members to be there at 5:45pm.  (Officers need to be there by 4:30 to cook.)  We are going to serve dinner at 6pm and then go talk to the patients -- this usually lasts for about an hour.  If you can stay to help clean up, that would be greatly appreciated!  We also have another dinner planned for October and in November, we are going to be helping at the Memory Walk for the Alzheimer’s Association, which is HOSA’s national philanthropy.  (For more info, go to: www.hosa.org)

Pre-Health Panel ~ HOSA is working with MAPS to put on a health panel.  This will include advisors and students from different colleges.  They will be made available to you so you can talk to them one on one and get specific questions answered.  To be able to put together an adequate panel, I need to know what you all are interested in.  If you are anything other than Pre-Med, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharm, or Pre-Physical Therapy, please send me a brief email to [log in to unmask] and let me know by the end of next week.

Fundraisers ~ We desperately need ideas for fundraisers!!  If you have any, please email me!

Position on e-board ~ Officers meet twice a month.  We’d like to welcome our newest addition Jose Puentes to the board!  He is our new CLASSC representative.  We are also looking for a webmaster, if anyone is interested please contact me.

Next meeting ~ October 21, 2004  Room and Time TBA

Thank you for reading through this long email :)  Hope to see more of you at the next meeting!

~Neesha Patel

HOSA President