Teena Jones asked, "Can anyone tell me how long these (ID) photo files need
to be kept?  Do they become part of the employee file?"

Need is determined by how the photos are used.  (I have no idea how long
security feels an ID photo is useful.)  My badge picture is over 6 years
old.  I still own the earrings and the blouse, but not the jacket.  I've
been back to glasses from contact lenses for at least that long.  My hair
is a lot whiter.  They just reprint the digital photo on file when the
badge wears out or is lost.  I don't think we'll get new pictures until the
badge design changes.

Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member  ARMA, The Association for Information Management Professionals
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's award-winning website at
ocarma.org and c'mon to California for the ARMA Conference and Expo in
October