Sharon:

I certainly do not want to "hit" you.  However, I must stand by my knowledge
and experience.

My view is that paper is not the way to save electronic records.  900
employees should be enough e-mail to support the investment in some
technology, which is likely to be cheaper than the printing and filing
costs.  And a heck of a lot easier to manage.

It is my observation that many RM professionals are opposed to automatic
approaches because they feel (consciously or not) that they are an attack on
their expertise.  That is not my view: I see automatic systems as ways of
applying and enforcing that expertise, where now it is oft ignored or cannot
reach.  Neither are automatic approaches threats to the human side of our
enterprises, any more than direct dial was to using the telephone.  Just a
tool to deal with a big problem.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP
Principal Consultant
IMERGE Consulting
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA  98040
office: 206-230-9253 / cell: 206-979-7389
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.imergeconsult.com