I've re-read the article that Larry sent earlier today and it states
that the late Lt. Col. Killian had this memo in his "personal" records.
But, based on the information that Judy Tyler provided about MFRs, this
memo is actually a short term federal record and should not have been in
the personal files of Killian.  Nor should it have been in the military
personnel file.  So, it seems that Lt. Col. Killian violated 18USC 101,
section 2071 regarding the concealment, removal, or mutilation of
federal records.

I see this as a records retention issue gone wrong...  This situation
reminds me of the many movies we've all seen (Erin Brockovich comes to
mind) about the memo that should have been destroyed, but was stolen
instead.  In this case, we're talking about US federal records, not
private sector records.  The requirements are much different.

Lee