do not respond to the list. Contact info is contained within the posting

Records & Information Analyst
(Corporate Information Analyst II)

The Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC), one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $2.9 billion in premiums generated in 2003, is also a road safety provider and licensing agency. Fast-changing and performance-based, we view accountability as paramount and focus on constantly increasing value to customers while maintaining cost-effectiveness.

As a key member of our Web and Information Management department in our head office in North Vancouver, you will provide advisory services to clients to identify records and information management needs and recommend appropriate solutions, within the context of an established records management program.

To be successful in this role, you will be a customer-oriented and motivated team player with outstanding written and oral communication.  Your strong interpersonal skills enable you to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and staff in other departments. You possess superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. You are well-organized, comfortable with working independently with minimal supervision and can take initiative and engage in actions to achieve results.

In addition, you possess the following:

·   -a Master in Archival Studies degree, Master’s in Information Studies with a specialty in Archives, or a joint Master’s in Library and Information Studies, and several years experience with records and information management systems.  A Certified Records Manager designation is an asset.

·   -experience in maintaining a records management program in a corporate or government setting

·   -a thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of records and information management, and of archives management

·   -knowledge of electronic document and records management principles, including managing e-mail, Microsoft Office-type documents, and web content

·   -knowledge of records and document management-related computer technologies at a level to evaluate new technologies and make recommendations regarding implementation

·   -knowledge of provincial and federal acts, legislation, and regulations and of national and international standards as they pertain to records and information management

·   -knowledge of taxonomy development and metadata standards

·   -experience in planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring medium to large projects.

Anticipate a challenging work environment, competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits.

Qualified individuals should visit www.icbc.com for more details on this opportunity and to use the online application.  Please note that the closing date is Monday, September 20, 2004.

We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to equity in employment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.

--
Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va