From today's RAIN postings:

VNUNet.com
Managing data from cradle to grave
Information lifecycle management cannot ensure good corporate governance on its own
http://www.vnunet.com/comment/1152686

Here's a couple of snips from the article:

"ILM is a term used to describe the way data should be handled from cradle to grave."

"ILM is an attempt to answer these needs through a judicious mixing of services, tiered disk and tape storage, and software to automate the archiving, replication, deletion and so on of files. StorageTek, so far as I can tell, pioneered the term, and several huge firms have caught on, including IBM, HP, Veritas and Sun."

Shouldn't we congratulate StorageTek for pioneering this?

Where's Larry Medina when we need him?

Tim Barnard, Land Records Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 868-1480